LOCATION: Southeast corner of Virginia Street and 2nd Avenue in the Belltown AKA Denny Regrade neighborhood.
Named for James A. Moore, the Seattle developer who built it, the Moore Theatre opened late in 1907. It was built quickly that year after the south hump of Denny Hill (south of Virginia Street and east to 5th Avenue) was lowered to its present elevation. Only small pieces of the theatre’s white terra-cotta façade facing Second Avenue can be detected in the 2007 pan. Here, bottom-center, the Moore shines in both the 1908 and 1910 pans. Still riding the hill, the ruins of the Denny AKA Washington Hotel appear in the earliest pan, bottom-left.